The fact that celebrity association gets instant traction towards a specific product or service cannot be denied. However, this is indeed a temporary thing. Word of Mouth, on the other hand, is perennial once a brand catches hold of its existing customer. The 3 reasons why an achieved customer is needed to be sustained is because a satisfied customer will advertise the product/service to the prospective customers. This will give rise to the following:
Well if the words are hard to believe in, the statistics are sure going to prove why WOM Marketing is so amazing for the Brands.
- 84% of the consumers say that they either completely or somewhat trust recommendations from their family, friends, and acquaintances about products and services.
- 72% say reading a positive customer review increases their respective trust in the brand.
- 74% of the customers identify word-of-mouth as a key influencer in their purchasing decision.
- Word of Mouth has been shown to improve marketing effectiveness by up to 54%.
- 64% of their survey respondents mostly or completely agree that word-of-mouth marketing is more effective than traditional marketing.
The Word-of-mouth technique can be relied upon totally, however, this can be fruitful if the existing customers are completely head over heels in love with the quality of the product or service a brand provides. There is hence no denial of the fact that an existing customer saved is a prospective customer earned.
Dettol, for instance, reaches 46% of its audience. The company distributed 48,000 bottles to 4000 influencer moms and asked them to use one bottle and share 10 with other moms. The results were more than expected with the sales increasing by 86%, overall brand awareness increasing 5 times while the purchase intent doubled the original numbers.
Hence, it is crystal clear that the sustainability of the current customer anticipates the future business and determines the prospective customers for brands. The brands, therefore, should always focus on the client servicing in the best manner possible for they are indirectly the common brand ambassadors before the prospective clients.